Status: Reports to the Promotions Manager. Full-time, hourly position (40 hours/week) with a flexible schedule; located in the St. Paul, MN office.
About INFRA: INFRA is a network of independent retailers of all sizes working together to strengthen our position in the natural foods industry. INFRA builds strategic alignment among its members; to provide peer support for retailers; identify and implement best practices; and facilitate collaboration.
Summary: The Purchasing Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the Purchasing Department with tasks, such as generating vendor meeting reports, proofing promotional flyers, and supporting monthly vendor contract processing.
INFRA Deals Assistance (80%)
- Generate vendor SPINS and meeting reports for trade show preparation and meetings for all three Category Leads in the Department
- Support processing of vendor INFRA Deal contracts monthly, including use of FileMaker Database
- Maintain descriptions in FileMaker Database monthly for the INFRA Deal flyer
- Support proofing INFRA Deal flyer for correct product images, product specifications, and pricing
- Manage publishing of the Buyer’s Newsletter and NPO Program
- Support Purchasing Coordinator in annual conference tabletop planning, webforms and logistics
INFRA Operation Assistance (20%)
- Provide program assistance to Promotions Manager and Director of Purchasing as requested
- Participate in staff meetings and other projects as assigned
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Promotions Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills: perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; high level of MAC or PC and IT proficiency, including Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and functions in a timely and organized manner
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Retail experience preferred, but not required
- Employment in the Natural Foods Industry strongly preferred
INFRA provides a full suite of employee benefits including: PTO, Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, SIMPLE retirement plan, and a working environment that strongly believes in rightful living.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.