Information About INFRA for Retailers
Who We Are:
We are an association owned and governed by independent natural and organic food retailers of all sizes working together to leverage our voice in the industry. We unite our members for the purpose of providing operational support, leveraging purchase power, and engaging in other marketing activities on behalf of our retail members.
Why We Do It:
INFRA was founded by a group of visionary retailers who came together to establish an association with the primary mission of strengthening independent natural food retailers through shared resources with a concentration on operational improvement, marketing, and joint purchasing.
Now is a time of opportunity. Consumer attitudes are changing. We are seeing values moving toward community, healthy, sustainable lifestyles and making more informed choices.
As an association we have to share and collaborate at a level sufficient to strengthen us all.
How We Do It:
- INFRA provides a forum for members to connect on a personal level; sharing experience, operational solutions, best practices and solid advice.
- INFRA provides a conduit and structure for strong industry partnerships.
- INFRA acts as a liaison with industry partners to provide extensive operational services available to all members.
- INFRA members create a hub of connectivity for peers. INFRA can improve our member’s ability to serve their consumers by sharing resources that enhance education programs and customer service.
- INFRA provides a collective voice. As a group of retailers, we are more likely to be asked for input on supplier direction, product development and industry standards.
What we do:
Peer networking can result in better decision making, professional growth and relief from isolation. INFRA provides systems and resources for dialogue between members such as:
- Annual Buyer Conference
- Share Groups
- Sharing Best Practices
- INFRA Listserv
- SPINS Data
- Sharing documents, templates, strategies
- Peer review of store operations
Our data indicates that a retailer gains between .5 to 1.5% on their bottom line through participation in INFRA’s joint purchasing programs. Programs such as:
- ECRS Agreement
- Aisle7 Agreement
- Delicious Living Agreement
- CoBrand Agreements with select manufacturers
- Discounted Business Services
- Operational Supply Program
- Discount on Living Naturally technology support
- Shared Promotional Calendar - Intended to augment current promotional activities
- Helps achieve key account status for INFRA members in the industry
- Demonstrates ability to perform as a group, builds credibility with industry partners and positions INFRA’s retailers for a stronger united voice
Make the most of consumer messaging opportunities. INFRA provides members with tools to enhance their individual messages such as:
- Partnering with Food Routes Network for use of “Buy Fresh, Buy Local” logo on INFRA member bags
- Consumer flyer program
- Involvement in The Non-GMO Project
- Involvement in Organic Trade Association (OTA)
How does membership/ownership work?
Members make an equity investment and pay dues to the association. INFRA members govern the association by electing fellow retailers to the board of directors. INFRA is a purchasing cooperative and each member retailer, regardless of size, receives one vote in the affairs of the association.
What is the Membership Criteria?
How do I apply to join?