To direct and manage all phases of store operation in a manner designed to obtain maximum sales and gross profits through effective utilization of personnel and other resources available.
Essential Job Functions:
- Increase sales and profits utilization of methods as outlined in the profit plan.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control store activities with the assistance of department managers.
- Assure that all store personnel are courteous to customers and that all customer complaints/requests are handled promptly and professionally.
- Ultimately responsible for all cash accountability and accurate store bookkeeping.
- Responsible for maximum utilization of store personnel through effective scheduling, counseling, and evaluating programs, training programs, motivation and supervision.
- Responsible for efficient and effective delegation of duties to achieve maximum performance and proper follow up procedures.
- Acts as company representative both within the store and within the community.
- Responsible for preparation of the store’s operating budget.
- Maintain a housekeeping program, which ensures an orderly and clean store that is pleasing to the customer’s eye.
- Responsible for the maintenance of prompt and accurate check-out service through proper supervision of front end personnel and cashier accuracy.
- Maintain efficient and knowledgeable method of operation through regular department manager meetings.
- Maintain building and equipment in maximum operational condition.
- Implement discount, price protection, and sign programs.
- Responsible for optimum freshness of all products and proper merchandising to achieve maximum sales and profits.
- Implement and maintain effective fire and safety programs within the store.
- Implement and maintain effective security standards within the store.
- Greet all customers and thank them for their patronage.
- Responsible for payroll administration for all employees in the store.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, and discipline of all employees.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Responsible for approving vacation, personal days, and time off for all employees.
- Explain fringe benefits to all employees.
- Conduct daily refrigeration checks throughout the store.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Minimum requirement of a high school education. A college education is helpful but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the supermarket industry, with successful participation in management training programs.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of store management and operations. Also, have the ability to make decisions and to provide effective leadership.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Must have basic math skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, gross margins, markup, percentages, proportions, ratios, and volume.
- Ability to verify vendor invoice charges and counts, and the ability to complete required accounting reports including inventory and receiving.
- Excellent organization and follow through skills.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter detailing your qualifications for this position to Dennis Pick at firstname.lastname@example.org.