The store manager oversees the day-to-day operations of Lemon Street Market, upholds our mission; meets goals for sales and customer service; keeps retail and work areas maintained; and ensures positive employee relations and high standards. This is a salaried position that requires scheduling flexibility and would involve day, evening, and weekend hours; 40-50 hours per week.
- Know and actively support LSM's goals and purpose in the community, both our immediate Lancaster city and county community as well as the natural food industry.
- Provide ideas and suggestions that contribute to the growth of the store and all store operations.
- Promote excellent customer service with a whole-store focus (product choices, stocking levels and presentation, customer interaction, etc.).
- Handle customer questions and complaints that can't be handled by other team members.
- Inspire team members through a commitment to collaboration, communication, work ethic, attitude, flexibility, and diversity.
- Work with the leadership team to enforce, improve, and streamline store and company policies/operations in order to gain efficiency.
- Utilize company financial information for decision making and to support team members in understanding and meeting financial goals.
- Select, train, develop, mentor, and motivate team members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Ensure that all employees are trained and feel empowered to excel in their jobs, encouraging and recognizing individuals who take initiative to build harmony and foster respect.
- Develop, utilize and provide consistency in human resource practices, including but not limited to hiring qualified applicants, annual performance reviews, new employee orientation,etc.
- Develop schedules that ensure that adequate staffing is provided in order to reach store goals and provide the standard of customer service for shoppers that we expect to maintain.
- Work with team members as needed to resolve problems, communicate policy or store changes, and encourage direct communication.
- Audit store daily, communicating likes, taking on problem areas, upholding clear merchandising standards, and ensuring that the store is clean, faced, and attractive.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws: business licenses, permits, health regulations, labor laws, etc.
- Process invoices, follow up on credits, quality concerns, and pricing discrepancies.
- Ensure signage is accurate and pricing is properly programmed in POS program, including during monthly/weekly sales and special promotions.
- Clearly communicate with cashiers regarding price changes, specials, policy and procedural changes, break schedules, cleaning and maintenance. Ensure that established opening and closing procedures are followed.
- Ensure the safety and wholesomeness of all products in the grocery department by monitoring storage conditions, temperature and shelf life, cooler and freezer temperatures. Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns as needed.
- Establish and coordinate regular store and department inventories.
- Uphold security procedures and support team members in dealing with shoplifters, disorderly customers, and emergencies.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED BEHAVIORS, AND SKILLS:
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Clear communicator with the ability to give instructions, calmly resolve conflict, and interact with the public in a positive and friendly manner
- Supervisory and/or retail experience, preferably having managed at least 5 people
- Able to motivate, lead, and work cooperatively with others to achieve store goals
- Experience with POS systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and email
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- One week paid vacation
- Store Discount
ABOUT THE STORE
Lemon Street Market is a woman-owned, full-service grocery store located in Lancaster City, Pennsylvania. Our store focuses on sustainable and healthy living, with many local, organic, vegan, and gluten-free options. We’re open 7 days a week, including our kitchen (serving coffee, tea, espresso, fresh juices, smoothies, soup, and takeout items). Our store carries two or three brands of each product, locally and regionally produced whenever possible. Stocking decisions are made by considering many factors, including if a product is organic or fair trade; if the ingredients are GMO-free; or if packaging is biodegradable or BPA-free. We offer a variety of produce, meat and fish (frozen), cheese, eggs, baked goods, baking items, bulk foods (pasta, rice, quinoa, etc), household and cleaning supplies (including bulk options), gardening supplies, snacks, gifts, and more. A collection of press clips can be found on our website at http://www.lemonstreetmarket.com/about-the-market/. A review of our social media channels will also provide a glimpse inside the store: https://www.instagram.com/lemonstmarket/ and https://www.facebook.com/lemonstreetmarket/.
ABOUT LANCASTER, PENNSYLVANIA
Lancaster, PA is one of the oldest inland towns in the United States. City population is around 59,322 with the metro area at 507,766, making it the 101st largest metropolitan area in the U.S. Lancaster City is known for it burgeoning arts culture, excellent restaurants, and entrepreneurial culture. The city is surrounded by farms both large and small (including Amish farmers) which offers plenty of local food options. Lancaster offers easy access to the culture and fun of Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington, New York, the Pocono Mountains, and Atlantic Ocean beaches, all within a three-hour drive. Learn more: http://www.cityoflancasterpa.com/; http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/the-new-brooklyn-boogie-on-down-to-buggy-town/; http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/lancaster-pennsylvania-cooler-article-1.2987478.
Please send your cover letter explaining why you are well-suited to be the Manager of Lemon Street Market and including your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.