Status: Reports to the Director of Operations. Full-time position with a flexible schedule; located in the St. Paul, MN office.
About INFRA: INFRA is a network of independent retailers of all sizes working together to strengthen our position in the natural foods industry. INFRA builds strategic alignment among its members; to provide peer support for retailers; identify and implement best practices; and facilitate collaboration.
Summary: The Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of the enterprise’s overall systems in collaboration with the Director of Operations.
Internal IT & Equipment Management:
- Establish and maintain rolling 2-year technology plan
- Design, develop, and deploy systems solutions based on user/INFRA needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms
- Research, identify, select, and test technology products required for solution delivery
- Establish, implement, and document technology integration or migration strategies
- Stay current with industry trends and new technologies
- Ensure adequate security measures and backup systems are in place at all times, including coverage for remote team members
- Ensure high functioning, high speed Internet
- Ensure maintenance of all existing workstations, both MAC and PC platforms, for minimal disruption and downtime to INFRA team
- Ensure maintenance of equipment inventory including all relevant product key codes, serial numbers, warranties, and ensure information is up to date and accessible to INFRA Director or Operations
Member Program Management:
- Ensure there is ongoing education in the areas of retail technology systems, including, yet not limited to, ordering systems, receiving, POS, web, etc.
- Develop new programs in partnership with Director of Operations and the Leadership team to build opportunities for retail members to maintain their relevancy in the industry and marketplace
- Attend Staff and Department meetings
- Keep Director of Operations informed of upcoming technology changes and opportunities that can better support the work of the association
- Miscellaneous tasks and support as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills; perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to support a diverse team of subject matter experts
- Self-directed; demonstrated success with taking initiative
- Knowledge of functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure, and highly regulated environment to meet business and compliance requirements
- Experience leading small to medium projects from requirements through implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
Experience and Education Requirements:
Degree in an IT field preferred or equivalent experience
Experience working with PC and MAC platforms and networks
Experience working with Internet, Intranet, and software systems
Experience with backup systems and database installations
Experience in IT Equipment Maintenance
Experience working with Retail POS Systems (preferred)
INFRA provides a full suite of employee benefits including: PTO, Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, SIMPLE retirement plan, and a working environment that strongly believes in rightful living. INFRA is an EO employer.
Please send resume to email@example.com.